Tuesday, August 25, 2009

THE FRONT SEAT KID

If you are reading this and have perhaps noticed that the address of this blog is 'the front seat kid, you may wonder about this. I consider myself a 'front-seat kid' because I grew up in an era of more freedom from certain restraints than children now can experience. I was free to have jackknife, a hatchet, to walk and wander the streets and woods, buy tobacco and cigarettes,etc. for others, have bows and arrows, hold guns and sometimes shoot them, do chores that involved manual labor of sorts, and to go to movies,etc. but I also was able to sit on the front seat of cars and trucks when cars and trucks were simply cars and trucks and not the type of today. I was free from being strapped into cars like an astronaut and cars were far more comfortable and ran fast but not at the speeds of today and the highways were not conducive to such speeds or races or 'hurry-ups". I will have more to say on this at a future date.

No comments:

Post a Comment