Tuesday, August 18, 2009

MY THREE GRANDFATHERS

You've probably have heard that song which was popular a long time ago,especially on Western/country stations, well, actually what we called 'Hillbilly' and 'Cowboy' music, titled, 'I'M MY OWN GRANDPA'. Well, I had three grandfathers. It happened this way, my father's father, Frank Jones, was,for me, my primary grandfather, for many reasons. My mother's father, Joseph Dubois was my second grandfather,while my third grandfather was Edward 'Ted" Savage, my third grandfather. But to complicate things, 'Grampa Ted' also my Great Uncle on my fatheer's side, as he was my grandmother's,Vera Lucy Jones,nee Savage, brother! HIs wife was Hazel Brown Dubois Savage and their son, Edward (Jr.?) 'Sonny' Savage was both my uncle and my cousin, though I seldom, despite my mother's attempts and urgings, referred to him as "Uncle Sonny'. My grandmother, Hazel had divorced my grandfather Joseph "Joe" Dubois and had eventually married my Grandmother's brother. I also want to say, for the record, that both Grampa Dubois and Grammy Savage were Canadians and had lived and worked in the US for years and collected their social security and died and are buried here in Claremont, no far from each other. Grammy Savage was English/Irish Canadian, while my Grandfather Dubois was French Canadian and with some Indian in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment